32 Weeks with Donny:
32 Weeks with Baby #3:
Just so you know, I HATE the way I look in this pic. For fun, I decided to wear the same shirt so you can see the difference. It may not look that different until you see how the shirt fits. Obviously, it stretched much easier over my belly with Donny's pregnancy.
I keep putting off this post, waiting for more information on a few things, but for my own record, I thought I'd give a small update.
First of all, I feel about as good as you can feel at this point, I suppose. I feel very heavy and tired a lot of the time, but that's my only major complaint. I've been a lot more "hormonal" (aka grumpy) this pregnancy, so points to my family, especially Kevin, for putting up with that! I have gained 35 pounds so far and I'm only 5-6 pounds away from my highest with Donny. Tests have all been fine. I'll do the strep b test in a few weeks and I'll probably be positive.....again....ugh. I'd like to not need antibiotics in labor, but I guess it's not the end of the world.
As of now, we aren't really sure where this baby will be born and who will be delivering it. From the beginning, we have been hoping to have this baby at home. (More about that later.) Things have been up in the air ever since our first ultrasound. We have been very cautious, and I can tell my midwife is wanting to be especially cautious. As I reported in my last pregnancy post, all was well with the baby and everything was great. Well, as far as we can tell, everything is still just peachy with the baby and it seems perfectly healthy and normal. The major bummer that is holding our plans up is that pesky placenta. After close examination of the ultrasound, it seems I still have marginal placenta previa (as of 29 weeks). This totally sucks. I haven't had any bleeding at all which is really positive. The good news is that it moved from a complete previa at 20 weeks to just a marginal at 29, so there is the hope that it will be plenty far away by full term that we wont even need to worry anymore. My midwife has recommended (and I agree) that if it hasn't moved to at least 2-3 cm away (the distance needed for it not to be a higher risk) we will transfer to an OB in the hospital. She can still attend the birth, but an OB would need to be in charge.
Again, since everything else seemed fine and there have been no other complications, I am continuing care with my midwife but we are being extra cautious. We have another scan scheduled in the next couple weeks to check and see if anything has moved. If it still hasn't, I will likely start looking for a physician to transfer to. We will still continue to check until I'm 37-38 weeks since I don't want to schedule or change anything if it ends up fixing itself at the last minute.
So, home birth? Hospital birth? I wish I knew. Hopefully, we will know before I go into labor, lol! I am thankful I have options. And while I like things pretty "natural," I'm so glad we have the medical technology if we need it.
I'm sure there will be a bigger post on this subject after I have my ultrasound and know more about what we are doing. The one thing I keep going back to is the discussion Kev and I had after he gave me a blessing. We both felt very calm and sure about our decision to plan a home birth. After many prayers on the subject, it still feels like the right plan for us. Given the *possible* complication, it would be foolish to not be cautious and open to changing our plans. Overall, I still feel like this will all be one big, fat worry over nothing! Hopefully, we will know in the next couple weeks!

