Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pregnancy Update!

No visible belly yet....but my pants are a little snug!

Well, my first 3 months of pregnancy have been pretty uneventful. I thought I should give an update anyway since I have been asked a lot of questions. Things are going really well. We had an ultrasound back at 7 weeks just to make sure we had a strong heartbeat. We saw our little bean-shaped baby with a strong heartbeat. At 11 weeks we were able to get a heartbeat reading on the doppler. At the same appointment, as the doctor was feeling around my uterus, she said she felt the baby kick her fingers. I couldn't feel it of course, but I thought that was cool. They said my baby is really tiny and will probably only be 5 or 6 pounds at birth. Hopefully that means easy labor! I haven't gained any weight so far and I just have a little belly that kinda comes and goes. No maternity clothes yet or anything. As far as pregnancy symptoms, I have been SUPER lucky. Other than peeing a lot, I have felt pretty normal. I can eat anything and have only barfed 3 times (all from eating too much). I feel great! Sometimes it's easy to forget I'm pregnant. I do eat and drink more, but overall, it's been a breeze. I'm sure I will think differently when I'm 7-9 months. It has been such a blessing. I don't know how I would have kept up with everything if I was sick all the time. Also, I finally got to talk to my mom about her pregnancies. She delivered all 4 with NO DRUGS!! Not on purpose. She would go from the first stage to the third stage of labor so quickly there wasn't time. I am trying not to let that terrify me. On the other hand, my mom also had easy pregnancies and no stretch marks. Yay!! Stretch marks are mostly hereditary, so I am hopeful that I can avoid them. As far as gender goes, I can find out in mid-late May. The problem is, I will be back here in Florida for 3 weeks while I fulfill a contract with the St. Petersburg Opera company. I was excepted into their Emerging Artist program as the role of "Zerlina" in "Don Giovanni." It's exciting, but bad timing. I will have to wait until the middle of June to find out the gender. I will still have the appointment while I am here in Florida, but since Kevin won't be here, I am waiting till I get to Indiana so we can find out together. It's going to be hard knowing that I COULD find out, but have to wait. I guess it will be more accurate that way. So that's about it! I will try to update every once and a while and show pics of me getting fat when it happens. 

7 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

Hey!-Being pregnant is not being fat or getting fat!(At least that's what I try to tell myself anyways!) It is a little depressing at times, but hey, it is all for a good reason. Besides, Em, I could never picture YOU as anything close to fat! You will probably be one of those lucky girls who just have a little ball right in front. I look forward to pictures and more updates! yay!

Megan said...

Hi Emily, congrats on the pregnancy! That is such exciting news. I bet you will look so cute. You will be such a great mom! I'm glad I found your blog, it's fun to check up on friends who live so far away. I have a blog also, feel free to check it out anytime. Hope you and your cute little "pumpkin seed" are doing well!

Katie said...

You should go to babycenter.com and sign up for their weekly pregnancy emails. Its fun. It tells you week by week how your baby is developing and compares the size of your baby to things that are easy to compare to (mostly food items). And it answers a lot of questions about pregnancy. I learned a lot from them (more than I did from my Dr. :)

A | E said...

Ah! I just found your blog! What's up?

A | E said...

Ah, you guys are pregnant! Congratulations!

. said...

I hope you have a wonderful graduation day!! If I were in town I would for sure go!! I am soo happy for you and Kevin and all of the exciting changes happening in your life right now!!! I am sad that I won't be able to help you get ready for your move!! You better call me when you get back to Tampa on the 21!!! I miss you already!!!! :(

Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope all is going well...it is here with our 9 mo. old. There is nothing better than being a first time mom!