Monday, June 30, 2008

Just some random stuff.........

I am trying to post more often now that I have more time at home. I feel like I am becoming too much of a homebody though. I don't really have any friends here yet that I can hang out with during the day. Everyone either works, goes to school, or has way too many kids at home to really hang out with me. I miss my life twin, Carrie and others that were in the same position as me. We were all pregnant and quiting our jobs. Gosh, I feel like such a loser! I am not working because I am going to be a stay at home mom, but also because I worked my butt off the last few months and was really looking forward to some lazy pregnancy time. Doesn't anyone else in Indiana want to do that with me? So anyway, I am getting stuff done around the house here with the grocery store and tv as my only social outlet. Kevin and I are having so much fun finally living together again after 4 long months away, that we are going on dates every night. We went and saw "Wall-E" a couple of days ago and of course, Kevin cried and we both loved it. So cute! July 4th is coming up and if you didn't know, it is one of my favorite holidays. I love the whole idea of it and I love parades, fireworks, and good food. I'm sure I will post about our celebrations soon. Another reason I am a homebody right now is because I have been having very intense back pain. It's not sciatica, I just have scoliosis (normally harmless) that is being horribly magnified by pregnancy. Now that I am gaining some weight, the lopsided part of my back is being pulled in a way that makes it hard to do anything. That coupled with the bad ligament pain I get in front just makes it extra fun. I really can't complain too much. I have had a pretty easy pregnancy otherwise. No nausea, fatigue, sickness, etc. I knew my back was going to be a problem and I know it will only get worse. It just makes it hard to get things done when it flares up. In other news, Kevin and I will be going to California at the beginning of August. Kevin is playing a show in LA (something he only gets to do once a year cause the rest of the band all lives in other states)and I will be having a baby shower. Very excited to see family and friends since I won't be there again until next January with our new baby girl. We will be in Utah for Christmas this year with Kev's family. We still have not found a renter for our house in Tampa, which is really stressing me out. It means we have to hire lawn maintenance and keep paying both mortgage and rent. When will it end? I don't want to be poor. Paying like $3000 in housing every month sucks. Praying that we will find someone soon. Well, not much more to report really. A new nest of baby birds is in our porch flower basket, the second batch this summer! Other than that, here are some random pics of our ever-flowering yard and our last beach trip in Florida.

This tree, on the corner of our lot, blossomed with tons of pretty white flowers.



Yet another rose bush that we didn't know about that just exploded with flowers one day.



We really started to think this guy was dead. He didn't move the entire time we were there. Finally, a lifeguard went over and checked on him. Creepy.



We will really miss those warm Florida beaches with the white sand, 85 degree water, and beautiful clear water!

6 comments:

Danae Curtis said...

I just wanted to say that you are the cutest pregnant lady ever! =) And if you lived by me I'd totally hang out with you all the time! Ha.

. said...

Your yard looks beautiful!!!! I am sorry that you are bored! Welcome to my life yet again! Call me anytime I am just hanging out and watching a lot of TV. I miss you!!

Christina said...

Hey... you could always call me! I'm jobless at the moment and always home! I'm so bored! hahaha

xoxo

Katie said...

Hey Emily! You're so cute...Seriously, enjoy this time to be lazy because once the baby is born you won't have such a freedom, LOL! You'll make some friends soon enough. Too bad you and Greta don't live closer.

karen said...

Hi Packards! Found the link through Katie's blog (and your mom tipped me off that you had one!)Now I have a good way to keep up with you all. I'm looking forward to seeing you in August for the big baby shower. That will be fun! I have a blog too: http://karennorman.blogspot.com/ Come visit me! Stay well and take care of your back! Love, Karen

Meg said...

I had really bad sciatica pain the first 5 months of my pregnancy. It sucked. Matt would have to carry me to bed on occasion. I really hope that it gets better for you. I'm also doing the i don't know anyone in North Carolina thing. I did help when Keeley was born though. Now I have something to fret over :) We are thinking about you guys hope you rent the house soon.