Friday, February 20, 2009

4 months!


Here are the stats:

14 pounds 15 ounces (75th percentile)
24 3/4 inches (also 75th percentile)

Loves:

grabbing at everything
sucking on her pointer finger
music, especially when mommy and daddy sing
new faces
kicking- she'll kick the blanket off before I can even finish covering her with it
blowing "raspberries"

Sleeping habits:

UGH.
What happened to my good little sleeper? I don't know what her deal is. I think she may be teething already. She drools like mad, always has to be sucking on something, and doesn't sleep well. Dunno. We'll see. At least she takes good naps during the day. She is on a schedule, I just don't like the one she's chosen at night. She goes to bed at 8 (it's a struggle to even keep her up that late, she is SO ready by then.) She wakes up at 12:30, 3:30 and 5 and finally gets up at about 7:30 or 8.  Of course, we don't go to bed till late and often I just stay up till her 12:30 feeding cause we barely go to bed before then anyway. She does take 2 really good naps during the day, fortunately. 
It's not like I go in there as soon as I hear her stirring. I never go in unless I either know she's hungry or she is full-on crying. Most of the time, she'll wake up for some unknown reason, then start off by playing around loudly in her crib for a little while. I leave her alone hoping she will go back to sleep. Then, finally she realizes she's hungry and cries till I go in to feed her. I'm hoping that when we start her on solids this week, she will be able to sleep longer without eating. It just goes through her so fast! 
It's been SO long since I've slept through the night myself! I haven't slept longer than 5 or 6 hours straight since before I was pregnant! Someday.........

Anyway, here are some pics Kevin took the other night. She was SO not in the mood and it was almost bedtime. You can tell cause there are no smiles and her finger in her mouth in every shot.







6 comments:

Wilson said...

So cute! I am so exited that we have a new cousin it is so fun! Well she's gonna grow-up with awesome parents!

. said...

I am sorry to hear that she isnt sleeping well. I am sure things will change when she starts solids. It made all the difference for Grant. miss you.

karen said...

She's even cute when she drools.

Sabrina and Matt said...

What a cute family you are!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! Emily you look AMAZING! I just think you are great.

Katie said...

She's growing so fast! I want to see pics of her in all her flower clips :)