Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter

I was planning on posting about our California pics in the same post since some of them are Easter related, but I got lazy. I'll post those along with the video of Josie's first Easter egg hunt tomorrow.

Anyway, Easter was really nice and relaxed at our house. Kevin took a half day on Friday and we loved having the long weekend together. We did a lot of cleaning and organizing and moved Josie into her new bedroom and made her old one a playroom/ misc. room. I need to take pics cause it turned out really cute. Conference, of course, was amazing and we loved listening together. It is much harder to pay attention these days with a toddler running around, but we listened online so we could start and stop at will.

Now onto the Easter events.........

Josie was very fascinated by the process of coloring eggs. We decided to do it on top of a box on the kitchen floor so if things got knocked over, they didn't have far to fall.

She was very good. For the most part, she just sat there and watched. Somehow I think she knew it was a no-no to try and touch anything.


I wanted her to participate some, so we let her drop the white eggs in the cups, and when they were finished, she would take them out and put them in the egg tray. She loved it!

Except for when she dropped the yellow one in the green and it splashed on her. I think she just thought she was in trouble.




Josie's first egg hunt was at my parents house in Ca. I have video of it and it's super cute! I'll post that tomorrow with pics.

Her second egg hunt was on Easter morning right after her nap. She woke up pretty groggy and before she could really wake up all the way, we sent her outside to collect eggs. That explains the lack of smiles in the pics. She was having fun, she was just groggy.



She was very focused through the whole process. She remembered the hunt at my parents house and knew just what to do! Look at that focused face! Hmm.....where to look next?



A little dazed........


We didn't realize we had hid so many and eventually her basket was too full. We pulled in a second one for her to fill. She gladly carried both as she continued on her search.



The baskets got so full, she would bend over to get and egg and the whole thing would spill! She spent some time trying to figure out how to get them all to stay in the basket.

After, she loved opening up all the eggs and eating the raisins and craisins inside!!


4 comments:

April said...

Cute, cute. Love the flowers in her piggy tails.

Becky said...

I can't believe she just sat there and let you dip the eggs without constantly grabbing them or knocking the cups over. She sure gets focused. I love her cute dress and hair flowers. So cute!

karen said...

She looks so cute! How I wish I'd have had someone here for Easter! An Easter egg hunt would have been so fun.

Katie said...

Too Cute Em! She reminds me so much of you when you were a little girl. I always thought you were so darling!