Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Fall

One thing I actually love about this house is the trees out front during fall. Beginning the last weeks of summer, they slowly turn red leaf by leaf. Each morning, I would see the red spot spreading until we ended up with this:




Then, in one day, they all fall!!!


I took some pictures of the kids the day before the "big fall" and then the day after. These are not photoshopped. There really were that many leaves!! Also, you can tell the big weather fluctuations in Indiana. It was 85 degrees one day, and only 55 or 60 the next!

Here they are BEFORE the fall:




She kept handing him leaves and telling him "Here you go, Donny."





She looks like she is shooting a bow and arrow.










Aren't they so stinkin' cute?!

Here they are AFTER the fall!!


Every time the wind blew, leaves would come showering down on us. She was fascinated.





Can you spot Josie?!








I can't wait to rake them all up and jump in the pile!!!

6 comments:

TheMoney said...

I tried to show Tom this post but he couldn't take it because he misses Fall too much. it still looks exactly the same, here, as when we arrived. I loved it though! Donny wears the hat well. Your house looks so quaint too!

The Lunts said...

Ugh I miss the leaves in South Bend! So pretty!!

April said...

Wow, those are some beautiful trees! I can't believe all those leaves. Holy smokes!

Your kids are absolutely adorable. I love the pictures you took.

karen said...

How beautiful it is where you live! Donny is getting so big, and Josie - well she's just the cutest thing ever!

Christina said...

Your photos are always so beautiful! I can't believe how big Josie is now! I love her facial expressions...and Donnie...what a handsome boy... you are both going to be in so much trouble when he is older... hahaha

The Breakwell Family said...

Such fantastic pictures! The leaves, and your children particularly, are abolutely beautiful! So Emily...when are you going to call me already, so we can catch up?! :) Remember, I had to get a new phone and lost all my #s. I need to just send out a mass email requesting numbers again. Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmastime. Love you.