36 Weeks with Donny:
36 Weeks with Baby #3:
Whenever I'm in public, I get lots and lots of comments about my belly. Despite what it looks like, this baby actually measures a bit smaller than average (well, based on ultrasound which we know can be deceiving) and will likely be around 6.5-7.5 pounds like my other two. Most people guess 8 or 9 pounds. Sorry, don't think I make them that big! I guess you never know : ) I carry very, very low. I guess its just how I'm built. I've never felt a baby in my ribs. In fact, most of the time, the baby's butt and feet are just a bit higher than my belly button. I have plenty of room on top, but the baby is sitting pretty snug on my cervix and bladder.
Some of the comments I have gotten:
Woman: Is this numbers 3 and 4?
Me: No, it's just one.
Woman: Wow! That is one big baby!!
Me: Um, thanks?
Man: Dude, your belly looks like a torpedo!
Woman: Oh, honey. It must be a boy!! I can just tell these things.
Me: Oh, maybe. (Not wanting to break it to her that I carry the same with all 3 of my pregnancies)
For the last several weeks I've been getting a lot of comments about my belly "dropping" and suggestions that it "must be about time!" I usually politely tell them that I just carry low and that I still have several weeks left. Seriously, at 35 weeks I had people telling me they thought I would be delivering tomorrow. I wonder what comments I will get at 40 weeks??
Also, I am feeling much less anxious and stressed the last couple days. I think it's because things are finally getting done and I don't have such a long to-do list. I was feeling so unprepared. Now, I feel like after this week, I will be ready to have a baby! Well, at least the house and baby preparations will be done. I mean, are you ever REALLY ready to add a new baby to the mix?
P.S. I really, really, really want to do an update on the kids. Josie is now 3 1/2 and and Donny is closing in on 2. There is so much to write about these two!! Hope I can get it done!

1 comment:
You look very cute, and yes - your belly is big, but it has to be big to make room for the little one! Lucky you - no baby getting under your ribs. That doesn't feel good at all, I can tell you that from experience! Best of luck in your remaining weeks - keep that calm karma going and you'll be amazing as you sail through the birth! Love/kisses to Kevin, Josie and Donny - and you of course!
Post a Comment