Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Arron & Ashley's Wedding

So, I finally got to attend one of my siblings' weddings! My older sister, Sarah, and her husband, John, eloped a few years ago. My younger sister, Sheri, and her husband, Tom, got married a couple summers ago while I was almost 38 weeks pregnant with Donny. My bro actually partially planned the wedding date to make sure I could come and bring the new baby. As much as I wasn't thrilled about flying with 3 young kiddos (or being seen by a lot of people so soon after having a baby) I wasn't about to miss it! 
The wedding ceremony took place in the San Diego Temple and the reception was at a church building in Placentia. It was such a beautiful event! We are all 4 married now! So glad to welcome the beautiful Ashley to the family!!

It was a little stressful leaving the kids outside while we attended the ceremony, but they did great. Rori slept most of the time and the kids enjoyed walking around the grounds. 

Donny and cousin Cash. These boys are only a day apart in age and they are best buds : )


Arron and Ashley leaving the temple. Are they beaming or what?!




When I heard that the wedding colors where bright pink, orange, and green, I had my doubts. Seriously though, it turned out SO cute! All the bridesmaids wore these dresses. Two girls in green ones, two girls in pink ones, and me and my sisters in the orange ones. I didn't get a pic of them all together. Bummer.

Rori happily slept in my new Maya Wrap.


The little girls wore the colors in such a cute way! Pink leggings and green skirt. Love it!


This handsome man looked SOO adorable in his giant orange bow tie!




3 of the 4 grandkids on my side with grandma:




Donny with grandpa. They're best buddies, too : ) Obviously, 3 hours of picture taking took its toll on the kids. They were extremely hungry and tired by the time it was over.


Gah! I so wish I had a pic of all the bridesmaids! The colors looked so good together. It made it not look so orange, lol.



Such a beautiful temple!













Fortunately, I already had a dress for Rori that matched the colors!




I think I'll at least post a couple reception pics when I get them. I forgot my camera that night, so I don't have any. It was a super cute reception. It looked almost Dr. Seuss-ish with all the bright colored polkadots everywhere. They had a crazy colorful cake and a candy buffet. LOVED the candy buffet! You could fill these little grab bags with scoops of your choice of candy.

1 comment:

karen said...

I'm glad to see your pictures, as we weren't able to make it down to San Diego. It looks like it was a nice (and very colorful!) day. Your kids look so cute - especially love Donnie in his big orange bow tie. So good seeing you all!