Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rori-6 Months


At 6 months:

*15 pounds, 27 inches(?)
*Rori has 2 teeth coming it. They are the bottom middle ones.
*Started eating solid foods this month. We don't do "baby food" and don't really do purees either, so she just eats off our plate. Her first foods were whole wheat toast (gnawed on it and swallowed a bit) avocado (her fav so far) and banana slices. She like gnawing on apples and likes greek yogurt as well. None of my kids have had food sensitivity/allergies so far, so I tend to be pretty open to letting her try anything healthy.
*Sits up on her own. She still braces herself most of the time and will fall if she turns. She is close to going from crawling position back into sitting position.
*She's crawling!!! She started scooting a bit the week she turned 6 months. She is still figuring it out, but she can get where she wants to if motivated. She gets up on all fours and kind of throws herself forward. She's starting to crawl normally too, though.
*Sleeps in her own room most of the night. I keep trying to find the answer to why our kids hate sleep so much. I thought maybe I might get a great sleeper if I ended the co-sleeping sooner. Nope. Actually, she's really not that bad. MUCH better than Donny ever was! She goes down between 6 and 7, nurses sometime between 12 and 2 and again at 3 and 5. Sometimes she sleeps all the way from 6 till 2. Sometimes she wakes a couple times and just needs a pacifier. I usually pull her into bed with us at 5 am and she sleeps soundly till 7 or 8. She is getting better and going down easier, lately. Maybe by a year she'll be sleeping all through the night? We'll see! She is not predictable at all with naps during the day. Probably because she is a third child and I just can't form my day around her naps. She takes 2-3 naps that range from 30 mins to almost 2 hours. I never know how long she will sleep, but she typically takes a longer nap in the afternoon. She doesn't ever sleep more than 2-3 hours total during the day, though. It's ok cause she sleeps like 12-14 hours total at night.
*Rori is a completely different baby!! Her personality has changed so much. She used to be pretty intense and hard to figure out. Now, she is seriously the most pleasant, calm, alert baby!! She is so smily and is happy 24/7 as long as she has people around. She loves people and loves listening to conversation. If she's playing with a toy and someone starts talking, she immediately stops and watches whoever is talking. Her eyes get so wide, too!!
*She has an obsession with hands, both her own and others. She is very "grabby" and has super busy hands. When she nurses, she can't seem to keep her hands still. Clawing, grabbing, squeezing, touching, so busy! The fastest way to soothe her is to let her play with my hands. I think it stems from being in the car and not being able to help her. I would sometimes reach my hand back to try and soothe her. She started grabbing it and rubbing it against her face and massaging my fingers. Now, when falling asleep she likes to be holding one of my hands or even just a finger. She holds them so tight! It's super sweet ; )
*She has the best siblings ever and they take such good care of her. I had a bit of fear that one or both of the kids would feel resentful of a new baby in the house. The complete opposite has happened! There has never been any aggression. They both love her so much and are quick to move in if mom doesn't help Rori fast enough. I have come into the room many times to find either Josie or Donny trying to calm her down with toys or by talking to her. They love making her laugh and would just love it if she was big enough to play with them. It makes my heart so happy to see their love for her.
*Seriously such a CUTE baby!! Of course, I think all my babies are cute, but Rori is one pretty baby!!

Here is a little vid of when she started to crawl:















2 comments:

karen said...

Looking forward to seeing you all in January! I'm especially interested in holding serious conversations with Josie. That little girl makes me laugh!

Sheri Money said...

It's always such a nice surprise when you post! Rori has such a sweet sweet face. I'm soooo excited to see her again! Speaking of, I'm no longer coming down to California, so when are you guys going to be in Utah?