Monday, April 14, 2008

My Senior Recital




















Yes, it's true. I am FINALLY graduating. The last big thing I had to do was my senior recital. I worked really hard, but I mostly just wanted to get it over with. I sang about an hour of music in two parts with intermission in between. I had to fulfill certain requirements (language, time periods, composers, etc.......) so here is what I sang:

No, No, No Che Non Sei Capace      W. A. Mozart

Der Fluss    Franz Schubert
Die Vogel " "
Du Bist Die Ruh " "

Apparition Claude Debussy
Pantomime " "
Clair de Lune " "
Pierrot " "

Regnava nel Silenzio Gaetano Donizetti
from "Lucia di Lammermoor"

Come Ready and See Me  Richard Hundley
Sweet Suffolk Owl " "
Waterbird " "

Encore: Anything Can Happen Frank Wildhorn

I will add video and audio of it soon when I can figure out how to do it.





5 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

Emily, you look beautiful in your recital pictures! We would have loved to have been there and hear your beautiful voice again. I am glad that it went so well!

Danae Curtis said...

Congratulations on the Graduation! You look great! And Congrats on the baby as well- motherhood is sooo wonderful, so welcome to the club! I am so glad you have a blog so we can be updated on your life. Take care!

. said...

Yeah!! You are finished! Doesn't it feel like a big chip was lifted off of your shoulders?

Super B said...

Emily,
I am so so so happy for you and all the very exciting things going on!! Congratulations on your graduation and a great recital. You are very talented. congratulations on the move to a better place for y'all. and most of all CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy. I remember talking to you about your situation back in December. I couldn't be happier for you!!
I am glad you are blogging because now when you move we can keep tabs on each other and I can see your cute little baby when it is born.
Good luck with everything!!

Eric the Half-bee said...

Hi. I stumbled onto your blog from Julie Anderson's. Congrats on everything! (This is Eric Larson) Dawn and I and the kids (4 now) are really enjoying Colorado, but contemplating a move now that I'm done with Active Duty. Anyway, I blog at http://senordangriga.blogspot.com. It's not really a family blog, just my opinionated rants. Give our best to Kevin.