First of all, thank you all for your kind words and sympathy over my last post. I am happy to report that my back is MUCH better. I am able to sleep and get around just fine lately. The doctor said that it was probably a mixture of problems all combining together to make my life miserable. He said the best thing to do is to try and strengthen that side of my back so the next growth spurt won't throw it out of whack again. Hopefully as she gets more cramped in there, she won't be able to move as much and she will stop kicking that pinched nerve! I just got a pregnancy yoga dvd that I am going to try. I really feel guilty for complaining because as unbearable as it was, I know others have had much worse pregnancies than mine. At least it only lasted a couple weeks! (knock on wood)
Secondly, we really liked the idea of the vintage circus look that I showed in an earlier post. It wouldn't really be that hard to do, it just would be more expensive and time consuming. We were at Babies R Us yesterday and looked through some of the bedding just to see what they had. I really hadn't liked most of their bedding, but there was one that we both saw and kinda liked. Then we learned that it was already on clearance and was going to be marked down an extra 50% this weekend. They could also reserve one for us if we wanted to wait until it was marked down. So basically, the set started at like $120 and will be marked down to around $50. Plus, all of the accessories like matching baskets, lamps, etc. were going to be marked down too. As much as I love our original plan, this would be much easier and cheaper. Not only is that set marked down, but the Linens-N-Things across the street is going out of business and they are having a blowout. We could get curtains just like the ones in the picture for about $10 and a bunch of other stuff for dirt cheap. Hooray for cheap stuff!!! Now if we could just settle on some furniture, we would be set. Maybe we can find a furniture store that is going out of business...........
You can't really tell from the picture, but it is pink and cocoa colored. It really is pretty bright in real life. 

To make things even more complicated, as I was opening yet another box from the basement, (I don't think we will ever fully unpack from the move, we just have too much stuff!) I discovered a bunch of baby stuff that I forgot I had that totally clashes with what we had decided on. See, when we lived in California, I worked at Deseret Book for a couple years. At some point, they carried a line of children's room decorations that I thought were really cute. They were being discontinued and were 90% off so I bought everything they had thinking I could someday use it in a nursery. I'm not sure what made me do that since at the time I had absolutely no interest in having children. Maybe we will use it for the next baby or try to blend it in with what we have. Until then, I am trying to at least start the nursery while I am still in my second trimester.
6 comments:
I love the first set that you have pictured (the cocoa and pink). It's beautiful! So lovely and soft looking - and vintagey in a way. I love good deals on pretty things!
Soooo pretty and soothing! And on sale -- love it! Maybe you can use the other things for baby gifts if you aren't going to use them for your own babies...just a random thought. Glad you are feeling better! Our best to Packards!
What a deal! And so cute too!
I love it. It is simple and classy.
Emily, It's going to be so beautiful! You are going to have so much time getting your baby girl's room ready. BTW, I'm so excited that you guys are coming! I can't wait!
Emily pink and brown are my favorite colors together! Really pretty set, great job on finding such an amazing deal on everything. You're my kinda girl!
Post a Comment