Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Blessing

Though it was rainy and cold, last Sunday was such a beautiful day. We decided to bless Josie while the family was here. I pretty much bawled through the whole blessing as it was the strongest and most amazingly eloquent blessing I have ever heard. So many people came up afterward to let me know that they felt the same way. I am so thankful for a husband who has the priesthood and can give our daughter a name and a blessing. Thankfully, she slept through the whole thing and was calm through the whole meeting. Right after Sacrament meeting, we heard that ominous squishy sound. Jos had a blowout clear through her diaper, tights, slip, and white dress. It was pretty gross. We promptly took  her home and took pics there. I think it's a rule that as soon as you get a baby nice and clean and into nice, clean clothing they must either pee, poop, or barf on it. At least with Jos it's a rule. Here are some pics from the day. Check out more pics from the week in the post below this one.



My aunt made this dress many years ago. It is a family tradition to bless babies in this dress. I was blessed in it, so now Jos has been blessed in it too. My mom made the beautiful, crochet blanket.  


A smile, maybe?

5 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

What a beatuiful little family you guys are. Josie looks so sweet in her little white dress. As for the blowouts...we know all too well about those with our little boy! It seems to be less frequent now that he is getting bigger though so hopefully that will be the case with Josie. I bet it was so fun to have your families visiting. Hey, we were wondering...is the offer to spend Cmas Eve with you guys still open? Let us know! If not (we would totally understnad) then we need to plan another time to get together while you're here. Em, send me an email or call. Love you guys.

April said...

I love the family tradition with the Blessing dress. She looks so adorable in it! I'm glad to see you guys are doing so well. Tell your family "hello" from me and we'll keep those in the CA fires in our prayers.

karen said...

Josie is absolutely beautiful! And in case you didn't know it, Grandpa Brent thinks she's perfect.

Katie said...

Awww, blessing days are so special. She looked beautiful! I'm happy to see you didn't end up loosing your curls :)

Sabrina and Matt said...

You are such a cute family! I miss you guys!