Thursday, May 13, 2010

28 Weeks.

From the front.......

......and side.

Black is slimming and really minimizes my belly, so it's much bigger than it appears. It's just funny cause in pictures, from the front I don't look pregnant. Turning to the side confirms it, though!


I know, I'm almost 30 weeks now. A little late.

I am finally starting to have some energy this past week. My whole pregnancy so far I have been constantly tired even if I thought I got enough sleep. I have been getting bursts of energy and have been getting a lot more done. Not sure if it's the pregnancy, nesting, or just the fact that the weather is nice and I am done with school so I feel less weighed down. Either way, it's nice.

Baby boy is doing great! He has been head down for a couple weeks now and is in the same position Josie was in for my last trimester: facing my right side so his feet kick up on my right. His little butt sticks out every now and then on the left side. He is much lower so far than Josie was. Even though I have had more energy, as soon as I moved into the 3rd trimester, boy I felt it!! This pregnancy has been slightly more uncomfortable for me, probably because I am chasing a toddler and much more active. I am having some sleep problems already, but light exercise seems to help. I get sore legs and hips that wake me up constantly at night. Also, I know he is much lower since I have been getting up to go to the bathroom 3 times a night lately. Overall, I can't complain. I am happy and healthy! All my tests have been perfect and the midwife and supervising physician say they have no problems okaying me for the birth center.

I haven't bought too much baby stuff yet. Been putting that off for some reason. So far baby boy has a ton of used clothes I've gotten from other people or from garage sales. I mostly buy Josie's clothes and toys from garage sales or consignment stores now. I find too good of a deal at those places and and I'm finding myself too cheap to buy new $20 outfits for and 18 month old that could ruin them in a week. I do plan on buying baby boy some new, cute outfits anyway, especially the one we will bring him home in. I still need to get some boyish blankets and things, but nothing big. Fortunately, all our big items are gender neutral so he will reuse them. We aren't buying another crib. We are going to have him sleep in the pack n' play until Josie outgrows her crib. I figure she will be out of a crib in the next year, so what's the point in buying another crib. We will probably move her to a twin bed rather than a toddler bed (even though her crib turns into a toddler bed). I never saw the point of a toddler bed. They seem like a waste of money. I mean, if a kid is old enough to sleep in his own bed, does it matter the size? You can always put the mattress on the floor if it's too tall, right? Anyway, he will probably be in our room for the first little while, just like Josie and we will move him into his own room whenever it seems like the right time.

Nesting has set in big time at our house. I decided I couldn't handle having useless stuff we don't need in the house and would like for every item we have to be organized and accounted for. We have been through several moves where things were never even unpacked from the last move and I don't even know what is in the box anymore. We have way too much stuff for 2 1/2 people. In passing I said to Kevin that if we were going to have more than 2 or 3 kids in this house, we would need a bigger one. He laughed and reminded me that our house is bigger than a lot of peoples that have 4 or more kids. It's true. I guess we are spoiled, but 2500 square feet are looking smaller and smaller. So, I decided we need to simplify. We are going through everything room by room. And I mean EVERYTHING!! If we don't need it, it's being sold, trashed, or freecycled. It feels so good. I am loving every minute of it. For me, this kind of cleansing removes stress. I feel less stressed when I have fewer things under my stewardship, you know what I mean? Also, it's wasteful to hold onto things that you don't use that someone else could use. One of the biggest things is that the fewer things you have, the easier your house is to keep clean!!

Anyway, the next couple months are going to be much busier than I wanted. I was hoping to just relax for the next several weeks and slowly prepare for baby. Turns out we are having several trips, lots of company, and a few events to go to. The biggest one, of course, is my little sister's wedding on July 9th. It is still up in the air as far as if we will go or not. I would be about 37 1/2 weeks. Crazy, right? I don't know, still thinking.........

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I love to clean and organize too. We got rid of a lot of things when we moved. My mom said that moving is good for that. You see what you never use and what you forgot you even owned. Anyway, I hope you do make it down for Sheri's wedding!

Super B said...

Everything sounds awesome! And your belly is the best!! I think our boy is in the same position as yours!! Ours is head down and I get kicks on my right side a lot.
I am totally with you on the cleaning out bit too. Russ is helping a friend of his that just moved sell a bunch of stuff so our room has like 4 computers in it a couple printers and some boxes of stuff. I feel a bit of stress from it! Anyhow, loved the post, glad you are doing well. And it is so fun to be going thru this together!

Sheri Money said...

After moving, literally, 14 times in the last 5 or 6 years I've become a big fan of de-cluttering! Once you realize how great it feels to have less stuff, it's hard to go back.

. said...

Ugh!! I am sooo sad that you don't live closer!!! I just packed away all of my baby boy clothes. How annoying!!! We could just switch baby clothes for a year. So sad. Maybe someday it will happend again. :(

I do have way too many blankets though. I think I will send you some. Give me about 3 weeks.

karen said...

You look great! We're excited about all the big things coming up in the family!