We have a very small zoo less than 10 mins. from our house. I have been wanting to go and see if it's any good for a while now. Kevin's parents were in town for the weekend so we thought it would be the perfect time! It ended up being a great day for it since it was only slightly drizzling, but warm. (It's been pretty hot, sunny, and humid lately) The zoo was almost completely empty, maybe 50 other people there that day. For a small zoo, I was actually quite impressed! It's no Lowry Park (Tampa) or San Diego Zoo, but they had all of Josie's favorites: Lions, Tigers (even a white one!), leopards, zebra's, monkeys, alligators, flamingo's, and a bunch more! Plus, admission is cheap. She loved it!! It was really neat seeing her finally connect the pictures in her books with the real thing. You could tell that she was shocked that these things really existed off paper!
Note: Again, I really never have time to edit my photos at all. I don't know how some of you do it. So, pardon the ones with terrible lighting or screwy coloring. Obviously, a bunch were taken using the wrong setting.
First thing we saw was the big tiger. He was sleeping and rather boring. Guess we'll have to go back to see him soon when it's not naptime!


She did make a friend, though. This cute little boy was her same age. They liked each other : )


The white tiger was much cooler!! He came right up to the glass and started licking and clawing at it. The kids thought it was way neat!


I thought the petting zoo would be Josie's favorite part. She is all about petting any cat or dog we see. I think the goats were a little too weird for her. She mostly just pointed at them and said "This?!?!" (asking me what it was)

We did get her to touch a couple and I think she started barking at it.

She's so precious : )


I think this was at the prairie dog exhibit? Anyway, this was the face we saw a lot that day.

Didn't get a good pic of her with the other animals, but I'm sure we will go back soon. She LOVED seeing the lions for real. They even roared!! She also recognized the zebras and a few others. It was a great day!
4 comments:
She's adorable! Ah! I'm going to the zoo tomorrow, but somehow I don't think that it will be nearly as much fun without a little one to take. Oh well. And keep your eye out for a homeschool post from me. I've been working on one lately.
The pictures of Jos from the zoo are incredible!! She is one gorgeous girl with beautiful eyes! I love the dress and bow, too! I wish Lyla had hair so I could do pretty things like that with her. One day :)
Those are such great pictures! I love seeing what Josie is up to. She's turning into such a cute little girl, just sparked with personality! (Of course with you and Kevin as mentors, how could she not?)
I love those pictures! She is such an adorable little girl! I also love the one where she and the little boy are looking at each other. So stinkin cute!!
Post a Comment