Thursday, June 3, 2010

32 Weeks


First of all, I had no idea Kevin posted something until someone sent me a sweet email about it. I love when he does surprise posts!! I must clarify something. I love Kevin to death, but there were several inaccuracies in his post. First of all, Josie and I love tagging along to work events!! Not many people get to travel and see as much as we have together. Work has taken us to China, Europe, all over the U.S. and to some of the nicest hotels in the world. We have hung out with lots of cool, famous people too : ) True, Kevin's work sometimes requires a lot of time, but he is SO good at putting us first and making sure he is there for everything. In fact, he usually takes no lunch break (makes his own lunch in the morning to take with him and eat in his office) so that he can leave by 5 or 5:30. He is also very good at leaving work at work. When he is home, he is completely ours. Fortunately, he doesn't travel nearly as much these days. No more China trips, Germany once a year, and a couple weekend trips. Everything else, we tag along. Plus, without his hard work, we couldn't afford to have me stay home with Josie. I feel very fortunate to have a husband that makes a good living and puts his family and the gospel first. I love you, Kevvy!!!

Now, about me............

It begins. I must have forgotten how yucky the last trimester is or maybe it wasn't that bad last time. Probably both. Between gaining a ton of weight, being super active, and carrying Josie around everywhere, my body is now really mad at me. Especially my back. If you have been reading this blog a while you may remember I had back issues last pregnancy too. I have scoliosis which apparently makes my back injure easily. This time around, I started having very severe pain in my back and chest and it hurt when I breathed. My lower back has now started hurting and cramping as well. After not being able to sleep or do much of anything, I decided to go see my midwife and see what my options are. Not much you can do that is safe during pregnancy, but they referred me to a good massage therapist and told me to take Tylenol PM. I have had to sleep sitting up and I still can't bend over or hold Josie. Because of the severe pain when I breathe, I am planning on going to get checked out more thoroughly in case it's something else. I have even considered maybe it's a cracked rib or something. I am going to see if it gets any better in the next couple days. Otherwise, I've already paid my deductible, so I might as well take advantage of my insurance, right? Anyway, I hope it's just a torn muscle or something and nothing else.
My belly is really feeling heavy and the worst part is I know I still have a while to go. Ugh..... I love being pregnant, but I have to admit, I am starting to look forward to the finish line already. I hate to say that cause I know I'll miss it, but the last couple months are not the best. Also, the thought that I was extremely uncomfortable at 38 weeks and didn't even have to experience past that makes me a little nervous. I completely realize that this pregnancy could go 40,41, or even 42 weeks. Who knows? I know someone who had their first at 38 weeks and their second at 42 1/2 weeks. I hope I can hold out for as long as this baby needs. Also, I have pregnancy congestion again. My last pregnancy, I had constant congestion for the last month. This time, I have had it over a month so far and it will probably continue. It's no big deal, just like a slight cold, but it's annoying.
On the bright side, baby brother seems to be doing great! I am measuring right on and he is very active. He has stayed head down and is in the same position as Josie was. This is good, cause I had a dream about him being breech at one point. It was one thing that made me nervous cause it's hard to find a doctor that will deliver breech. Don't think I have to worry. Also, Kevin and I have pretty much decided on a name, but it won't be official till we meet him. There are some other possibilities, but this one is special to both of us. Of course we are not sharing : ) but it is a name that I believe had some inspiration.
So far I have gained about 30 pounds. I was hoping to gain less than the 40 I gained with Josie, but I kinda gave that up. Oh well. Hope it comes off that easily again. 40 doesn't seem that bad, but when added to someone who only weighed 95 to begin with, it's quite a transformation. And no, it's not all in my belly. I totally have the pregnancy fat face, big hips, etc. Trust me.
I hate to complain though, cause there are many who can't have a baby or have babies that are not healthy so I know I am very fortunate. Plus, as much as I am looking forward to meeting this baby and not being pregnant anymore, there is still so much to do!! Hopefully, I will have more done by my 36 week update!

2 comments:

Katie said...

yay for 32 weeks! sorry you haven't been feeling well. 30 lbs is a lot of weight for your tiny little frame. your poor back. i hope you can get some rest and that baby boy is ready to make his appearance at 38 weeks, not 42:) Good luck! We miss you guys!

karen said...

I agree - 30 pounds is a lot for your little frame. Take care of yourself and make sure to get yourself checked out. It was fun to see you on camera today at Sarah's shower. She looks good, and she got so many nice things. It was fun to see her have her day. We're all excited to see these cute little boys in a few weeks!
And yes, next time you're here we'll have to to some shopping. I'd enjoy that.