Friday, June 25, 2010

36 Weeks.

This is me literally holding up my belly cause of how much it sags, lol.......If I let go, it is really low and saggy.

There are so many things I want to post about, but I can't seem to organize my thoughts lately. Pregnancy brain, I guess?? Lot's of things are going on. We just got back from a long trip, one of our cars died and we are in the process of buying another one, my sister is getting married in 2 weeks, my other sister is having a baby about the same time as me, and I am just trying to get things done. I will post about the other stuff later, but for now, I guess I'll just give my 36 week update.

First of all, the baby is great! He is still head down (waaaaaaay down) facing my right side and is quite active. As far as we can tell, everything is good. As for my health, some things are better, some are worse. I am happy to report that my back is much better. After several nights spent sleeping sitting up and taking it easy during the day, Kevin offered to give me a blessing. Seriously, the next day, I was almost completely healed. I can't explain it any other way other than that the blessing worked. When I went to my next appt, my midwife asked if I went to see the massage therapist she recommended. I told her I didn't even get a chance cause I healed so fast. I told her how and she thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, so that problem is solved. My only health annoyance lately (other than general 3rd trimester stuff) is that I seriously feel like I have been sick this entire pregnancy. Anyone who knows me knows I am NEVER sick. Like maybe a slight cold once a year. I haven't had the flu since I was a kid and I have always been super healthy. This pregnancy has really taken a toll on my immune system, I guess. I eat well and take a couple supplements, but it has still been bad. I have had an almost constant cold for months, with symptoms coming and going. It really drags me down some days and makes me feel groggy. I hope it goes away after the birth. Hopefully, the lack of sleep after the birth won't make it worse!
On the positive side, I am actually smaller and have gained less than I did with Josie. As I said in my last update, I thought for sure I would plump up immensely by now like I did with Jos. I have gained about 5 pounds less so far than what I gained with her. It's probably all the chasing and carrying I do trying to keep up with her. I also have been measuring consistently a week behind (well, behind the average anyhow) so it seems this baby will not be a big one. I measured behind with Josie but had caught up by now with her. She ended up being 6 lb 12 oz at 38 weeks and looked plenty plump.
For about a month now, people have been asking me if its "any day now" or suggesting I look like I will pop tomorrow. They look a little taken back when I laugh and tell them I still have another month or so. Then they say they assumed that because I look like I have "dropped." I totally understand what they mean. Truth is, I suppose I have dropped, but I was never carrying any higher. This baby has been that low since he was heavy enough to hang down. Not to be gross or too personal, but I literally can feel his head down there. If I sit a certain way or am on my feet to long, I seriously feel like the head might pop out at anytime, lol. It has kinda freaked me out a couple times, but everything is fine and I hope it just means he will have an easier time coming out.
As far as preparations go, things are coming along but there is still a lot to do. I have gotten plenty of baby stuff and anything left I buy will probably be a want and not a need. Some friends here threw me a baby shower yesterday and it was so fun to just focus on the new baby. It's been hard this pregnancy to really think about the fact that a new human being will be joining our family very soon.
That's all I can think of as far as a baby update. I am writing a labor/birth related post that I will probably post tomorrow. All in all, things are progressing just fine and he will be here before we know it!!

5 comments:

The Lunts said...

Em! You are such a cute preggo lady!! We will be in South Bend over Labor Day, hopefully we will get to meet the new little guy!!

Wendy and Neal said...

You have to hold up your belly! What a little pain. I'm sorry you've been sick your entire pregnancy! I spend way too much time having anxiety over how I'll feel during my second pregnancy. If it's anything like the first, I'm not sure we'll be having the large family we dream of! Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly, and no unexpected surprises or inconveniences come your way! You look great!

Super B said...

Wow. You look great! When you are so small, you really do show a lot. However, I have people ask me when I am going to pop too...I am huge, but in a different way. Anyhow, pregnancy is awesome. I am glad your back is better. I am so excited for you!

karen said...

I'm glad you're almost there - a month will go fast. Glad your back is doing better - I do love me a miracle! We're excited to see the little guy's face!

The Breakwell Family said...

You are so cute Em! We are excited for you guys to have your little boy! I hope that things go really well with the delivery and all. I have been so horrible about blogging these past months so I just wanted to come on and get the latest on things with you! Good luck with everything. Love you!