Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Notre Dame Vs. Pittsburgh


Everything I know about Notre Dame football, I learned from "Rudy." Just like Rudy, Kevin and I got to run through the tunnel with the Notre Dame football team and band!! We get to do the coolest things sometimes! We are not really football fans, but it was way fun going to a ND game. One of Kevin's bands, "OkGo" was playing at halftime, so we got the VIP treatment. Tickets to the game are major expensive and so is parking. Obviously, ND football is a way of life in South Bend. The world stops here during a home game. Anyway, we got official parking which meant we could park anywhere. The garage is like $40, so these passes were probably worth quite a bit. We were hooked up with field passes!!! This meant we got to watch the game on the sidelines and got to run through the famous tunnel! It was so much fun! We got a babysitter (well, two actually) and stayed through halftime.

The Ludwig crew with OkGo.

Before each game, the band does a concert on the steps. OkGo joined them.

Waiting in the tunnel for the team to come out.

These guys were huuuuuge!

Especially this guy!



Walking onto the field.

It was a beautiful day! 83 degrees, I think?


Taking our seats along the sidelines.

The fans were craaaazy! It was a sea of green!



We got lots of great action shots!



Touchdown!


So we all watched in horror as the ball came flying toward our faces. We were literally almost trampled. Jamie took this picture as the ball came toward us.......

And the news took a picture of us at the very same moment!! Awesome!

I guess he got hurt diving for the ball.


I spent most of the game chatting with Jamie, oblivious to the game.

OkGo revived their awesome video featuring the ND band at halftime. The music video features the ND band and was filmed at ND. If you've never seen the video, watch it here. Also, I LOVE this version of it, filmed in a totally different way. All in ONE TAKE!! Crazy! Also, this one. It blows my mind since they had to keep filming over night to get it in one shot. These guys are awesome and so much fun to hang with. Seriously, if you haven't already, check out all of OkGo's videos. They are genius and all filmed in one take!!


Oh, and of course NOTRE DAME WON!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Wow, you guys DO get to do some really cool things. I'm glad you didn't end up getting tackled! lol