I'm starting to realize that with each child, this blog is going to get more and more neglected and each child will be documented less and less. I think I did like 5 blog posts the first week of Josie's life and took a million pictures every day. Poor Rori. Not even close this time. I'm going to give it my best shot, though!
Kevin took a week off of work and now my mom is here for 2 weeks. It's been great having so much help. I have gotten a couple glimpses of what I'm in for when I'm left to take care of 3 on my own. Kevin will actually be out of town right after my mom leaves, so I'll really be diving into life with 3 under 4! I'm not going to lie. I'm a little terrified! But, I also know how blessed I am, so that's what gives me courage.
Josie is completely in love with her new sister. She is so gentle with her and seems to have a natural instinct as far as how to treat and take care of a baby. She is extremely attentive and careful beyond her years. It has been so nice having her to help and especially to make sure Rori doesn't get mauled by Donny. Donny seems to really like the baby and knows her name, but that's about it. He rarely acknowledges the baby unless she's crying, but doesn't seem bothered by her. Actually, he hasn't seemed to be affected by the baby at all! He is his normal Donny self. He does try to be gentle with her and likes to pat her head, but all too often it turns into wanting to poke her eyes and give her strangle hugs. It's sweet, but slightly dangerous so I never leave them alone together. Both kids really have been great though, and I really am so glad there hasn't been a jealousy issue yet. I think it really helps that Josie and Donny are best friends. They really keep each other company and have really clung to each other lately. So glad for that!
I am feeling pretty good now. The first week is usually a little hard with recovery, but by week 2 I feel much better. As with my other two, sore back and engorgement were my worst complaints. For some reason, my body always assumes I will be feeding quadruplets and makes milk accordingly. It seems to get worse (and more painful) with each one. At least I have a nice supply of milk in the freezer and Rori has had no problem plumping up. At her appointment a few days ago, she already weighed 7 lb 11 oz and grew an inch!
I think she looks a lot like Josie did as a baby. She definitely doesn't look like Donny. Most people have agreed that she has a Josie look to her. What do you think? Here's Josie as a baby.
I thought this was funny. Here's Rori (on left) and Josie (on right) both wearing the same outfit in the same car seat at the same age.
She sleeps like a 2 week old, so I've been pretty tired, but otherwise feeling fine. She does have pretty long wake periods for a newborn. She is sometimes awake for over 2 hours at a time! I think that's pretty long for a new baby. But, then she sleeps for sometimes 2-4 hours at a time. It's usually not at a convenient time, though, and of course not at night, haha. Oh, well. This time wont last long. I almost don't even want to speculate on what kind of baby she is since they change almost daily at this point. She does seem very alert and turns to voices she hears. She holds her head up very well and loves sleeping on her tummy on mommy or daddy's chest. She has periods where she is just calmly awake and looking around or at whoever is talking. On the other hand, when she gets mad, she gets really mad. She has strong lungs and it doesn't take long for a whimper to turn into an intense scream. I guess she knows that being #3, she will need to speak louder in order to be heard, lol!
I've been really crappy about taking pictures. But, here are a few from last week. I haven't even taken any of week 2 yet!
Josie keeping vigil over her new sis. She grabbed a stool and just sat there looking at her all morning.
We really wanted to get some decent pictures taken of our new little angel. We both couldn't bring ourselves to spend $300+ on getting a professional to come and get 20 images from it when we have the same camera as many of the professional photographers. Kev uses a really nice Nikon for work and several photographers I looked into had the same camera and lenses. Of course, you're really paying for their knowledge and talent which we really can't duplicate. We gave it our best shot, though! I don't have a desire (or the talent) to be a photographer, but I figure since we spent the money on the equipment, we should use it! So, here is our attempt at a photoshoot. We used Kev's work photographer's studio so we had decent lighting. Posing a newborn is tricky, but I have to say, "posing" toddlers is much harder! I'm going to do another post on just the Josie/Donny outtakes. They are hilarious! Definitely going to try this again. Maybe now that we've done it once, we can get some even better pics next time!
I think Donny's face in this picture is hilarious, lol!!!
Of course, she couldn't escape the traditional Packard baby drum photo!!










6 comments:
I think you did a lovely job with the photos! Hard to botch it up when the kids are so darn cute :)
You guys did a great job on pics! We are lucky - a really good of ours does photography as a business and not only has better prices than most photogs but gives us a deal because we're her friends. We were extremely lucky that she did Jacob's newborn pics for free and the twins for $75. Like you said - it is super expensive to have someone else do it though!
She is beautiful of course!! I love reading your blog! I can't believe you have 3 kids!! ahh! how did this happen so fast??
-Carrie
I'm proud of you for doing the photos yourself. You did a very good job. Those black and white ones are especially good and she looks a lot older than one week. They are all so darling.
Very good photos! Love the one of Donny looking amazed.
Post a Comment