Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When will it end.....?

So I just got a message from our management letting us know that our tenants have not yet left the property as directed and are refusing to leave. They have just started the eviction process to get them out and will continue until they turn in the keys. We originally told them they would be let out of the lease without extra payment if they left by the 30th. Otherwise we would evict them. Apparently, they don't realize how bad an eviction is on your record and they are set to make my life miserable. I am really tired of crying and stressing over this property. I almost would just rather a hurricane came and destroyed it for us so we didn't have to worry about it anymore.............

But other than that, life's good!!!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

That is terrible!!! What a hassle. I hope they leave soon!

. said...

Ahh! I am sorry Emily. If it makes you feel better, we never received our rent from August. Dave keeps telling me that he will "look into it." I don't know why people think renting property is a good investment.It is not worth the headache

. said...

Oh!! I was just playing catch up on your blog and I wanted to tell you that your baby girl totally has your nose. I love it! You can already tell from the ultrasound pictures. I am sooo excited to see the out of the tummy pictures in just a few short weeks!

. said...

and again . . . sorry I keep thinking of more things to tell you. I will know tomorrow if our tenants are going to get evicted. I will keep you updated. They have until 4:00 to pay rent or they are out. I am pretty sure that they are going to get evicted but I will keep you updated.

Katie said...

Some people are just jerks! In our case it was our old landlord that screwed us over...we gave a 60 day notice, did all the cleaning, and he wouldn't give our deposit back. You'll eventually get them out, and like you said, it's going to be bad on their record.