Friday, April 29, 2011

Zoo Day!!

We decided to get an annual pass this year to our local zoo. It's only $65 a year for our family and it gets us into most of the other zoo's around the country either free or half off. Pretty good deal! It's only 10 mins away and there's an awesome park outside. Though it's a small zoo, they have a ton of great animals including 2 tigers, one of them white, 2 lions, zebras, kangaroos, monkeys, petting zoo, alligators, bison, sea otters, etc. Josie pretty much could watch the lions and tigers all day. They are definitely her favorite animals. Anyway, my mom was out at the time since Kevin was in Germany. Or was it China? No, Germany. He travels too much lately. It was supposed to be a relatively warm 68 degrees. It was when the sun was out, but it was cloudy off and on while we were there, finally getting quite warm right before we left. The one good thing about a chilly zoo day is the animals are more active when it's not so hot.

Photobucket

This is the cheesy smile she gives me when I ask her to smile.

Photobucket

If some of these pictures look familiar, you may remember this post.

Photobucket

Watching the koi fish.

Photobucket

Donny had a nice nap during the first hour we were there.

Photobucket

Sucking on nothing in his sleep : )

Photobucket

Josie's favorite!!! She could've stayed there all day.

Photobucket


Photobucket

This is Josie showing me how the leopard was sleeping. "Leopard sleep like this!" she says.

Photobucket

She did lots of impressions that day. Here she is showing me how the otters swim. She was shaking her booty, lol.

Photobucket

Love that cheesy grin!!

Photobucket

Speaking of silly faces.........

Photobucket

I can never get enough of his sweet, angelic face. *Sigh* I am smitten!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Grandma kept him warm till the sun came out.

Photobucket

The prairie dogs are always fun to watch.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

They really do love each other. Seriously, they are best friends. It makes me so happy : )

Photobucket

Kissy pictures never get old.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

She's such a climber. She's very, very good at climbing.

Photobucket

Just look at that model stance. So natural!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

And just a few from later that day. I can't resist taking hundreds of pictures of this kid. He is just so perfectly made. A couple people have said he looks like one of those Precious Moments babies. He does have a giant head and angelic face so I can see the resemblance.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

4 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Too cute. I can't believe how big your kids are. Donny is such a little man and looks like Kevin so much to me.

Mike's in South Bend this week for training- I'm so jealous because I'd love to go back and see you guys!

karen said...

Awww... I love Zoo pictures! It's so much fun to take them there. Can't believe how big they're both getting!

Anonymous said...

I love his little newsboy cap!

Super B said...

Believe me when I say that he rivals my little man in cuteness! He is just so adorable. He is seriously the most dapper little guy! And Josie is as cute as ever!