Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Funny things

I started writing down or taking mental notes of funny things Josie does on a daily basis. Of course, I have forgotten most of them, but here are a few I can remember.

Josie was drinking from Donny's sippy cup and it was making that weird squeaky, shrieking noise they sometimes make when kids are sucking the water out. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, she stopped and said, "Mommy, the cup is yelling at me!! Sippy cup, that's not nice. Just ask nicely."

Josie is really good at whispering. Like, she could whisper all day if I needed her to. It's one of the first things I taught her after Donny was born and it's come in handy. Usually we whisper cause Donny is sleeping, but at church we whisper too. I always explain we are being reverent. So at church one week as we were whispering, Josie said to me, "We're whispering cause Jesus is sleeping. We don't want to wake him up!"

Speaking of churchy things, one day she found a penny and brought it to me and said, "Look mommy! There's a guy on there!" I said, "I know. It's Abraham Lincoln. He was a President." She looked at me matter-of-factly and said, "No mommy, actually it's Joseph Smith." Anyone seen in profile she immediately labels as Joseph Smith. I guess I need to introduce more non-profile pics of Joseph Smith.

Of course, like all children, she picks up on everything we say. She says things like "aw nuts!!!" "what the heck?" or "that's a bummer" when things go wrong. One day she walked in and saw a mess Donny had made on the floor and said, "Woah, look at all this CRAP, mommy!!"

She also tries out phrases that I have no idea where she heard them. Like one day she was holding a balloon and she gave it a hug and said, "This balloon just touches my heart!"

She is her own greatest fan. After doing anything that requires work, she will mutter under her breath, "Good job, Josie. Good job."

I don't wear my hair curly as much as I should. At one point it had been quite a while. Upon seeing my curls Josie said with disgust on her face, "Mommy, you need to brush your tangles out!"

She is into role playing lately. It's kind of weird, but she will sometimes role play with her hands. One hand will slap the other and she will tell it "No hitting, hand! Just be nice!" Or one of her hands will be doing something and she will tell the other hand to be patient and wait it's turn. Funny, but weird.

I wish I could remember more. There are so many things. It's hard to describe an almost 3 year old on a blog. You just have to see them in person! She is a funny little thing! Anyone with 2/3 year olds at home know that the funny things they say never end. I love it!


Totally random, I know, but here are a couple pictures of my little sickies when we all got the stomach flew last month. It went through our whole ward. Everyone at preschool and playgroup got it. I got it first reeeeeeally bad. I seriously wondered if I would need IV fluids from being so dehydrated. Kevin was in China and I didn't want to give it to anyone offering help, so I rode it out. I laid on the floor and cried and barfed all day. Probably 20 times. Gross. Fortunately, the children were little angels and just as they started to get sick, I started feeling better. Donny started throwing up a lot and the only thing would take in was breastmilk. I worried a lot about dehydration with him too, since he started looking really pale and was definitely tired and lethargic. He took a 5 hour nap that day and slept through the night (all the way!!) for the first (and last) time ever. He just laid his head on my lap all day and sucked his thumb. Of course, nursing him to keep him hydrated just made me more dehydrated. I was up all night with muscle cramps even though I drank all night long. Josie didn't seem to get sick, but she was fighting off something. She never barfed, but she was tired and extra snuggly all day and took a 4 hour nap (at the same time as Donny's 5 hour one!!) It was sad. To make matter's worse, after 2 weeks of Daddy being gone in China, he came home and got sick, too! I was so mad. I just wanted my husband back! Not another baby to take care of, lol. Poor thing. At least we all got better quickly!

Yes, he is sleeping with his hand in his pants. We started wondering how he was wetting his bed without  getting his pants wet. Turns out he discovered something fun to play with in his diaper. He sleeps in onesies now. I'll just delete that fact before he's old enough to kill me for writing it, lol.


And yes, Josie still sucks her fingers. I'm sure she will need braces someday......

3 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Those quotes are so funny. Definitely know what you mean. Their little minds are so creative.

The picture of Donny is hilarious. Those boys! Max found his this month and that's the first thing he goes for when his diaper's off. He looks so cute sucking his thumb!

karen said...

Did Katie tell you about when Mia was trying to find her kiki (her blanket)? She came into the room where Katie was and yelled "I can't find my kiki, dammit!!" Made me laugh, but you have to be soooo careful what you say...

kendra joy said...

Yeah, little kids are hilarious. Sounds like she's a fun one! And please, please start accepting help! I've learned to accept it & please, please...next time you're that sick, you should too! xoxo