Rori at 8 weeks:
She was about 11 pounds (I think?? Crap, I can't remember...)
Can't remember how tall, but she is really fattening up!
Her eyes get so wide sometimes!
Her hands are ALWAYS up by her face. She is always knocking the binkie out of her mouth.
I know this is a crazy picture, but it's the only one I got of her smiling that month....
Happy : )
Sad : (
Sisterly love is the best!!
Rori at 11 weeks:
I love this age. Rori is getting so squishy and it feels so good to snuggle her. She is very aware and interactive, so the kids think she's more fun, too.
Rori is still a bit of a hot/cold baby. She is at least pretty predictable now, so I usually know when she will be fussy and why she's crying. She is always incredibly happy and kicky when she wakes up. She does the cutest squeals when she sees someone she likes. She "talks" a ton! She also started giving us little laughs when we toss her around a little. She HATES being tired and will cry and cry and cry till she falls asleep if I don't put her to bed before she gets overtired. She is easily overwhelmed when she's tired. When she starts crying, it's sometimes hard to calm her down. She gets so mad sometimes!! Like Donny was, she is extremely social and needy as far as attention goes. She will cry if there isn't some sort of interaction going on. She wants to be talked to, played with or held 24/7. She's only ok laying on the floor if one of us is in sight. She'll crane her neck around to follow us and smiles at our voices. I'm ok with her social neediness cause I figure that's how babies learn and grow. It just means I get NOTHING done when she's awake. Speaking of sleep, she is my best nightime sleeper yet!! She only takes cat naps during the day, usually taking several 30 min-1 hour naps. At night, she's been going 6 hours in a row, waking briefly, and sleeping till morning! She only wakes a couple times all night. Yay! I never get anything done during the day, but at least I'm able to keep some sanity due to not being up so much at night. She goes down super easily at night, too. I don't even have to nurse her to sleep. I just lay her in the bassinet with her binkie and she's out in minutes with no fuss. She's been going down at 9 and sleeping till at least 2ish before waking to nurse. Sometimes, she spends the rest of the night co-sleeping, sometimes I put her back till morning. It just depends on how tired I am. She doesn't seem to mind either way. I admit, I love co-sleeping, especially when they are this young. But, since she seems to sleep better on her own, I think we will transfer her into her own room soon. It kind of makes me sad, but however she will sleep best is what's important.
I have been forcing her to be a binkie baby, but she is determined to suck her fingers like her siblings. Must be genetic? She's been pulling the binkie out and sucking on her fist or fingers instead. She likes the binkie for comfort and doesn't like to comfort nurse very much. It's kind of new for me since with my other two, nursing pretty much fixed anything. Rori wants you to work harder than that : )
Her neck is very strong and she can look straight forward the entire time she's on her stomach. She also started rolling over around 10 weeks. We love, love, love our little Rori!!
Just look at those yummy, chubby cheeks!!
Just before rolling over....
No comments:
Post a Comment