*This post will include video and more pictures at a later time when we aren't having a baby.(From Emily) 5 years ago today, Kevin and I were married. What a magical and amazing day it was! I never knew how happy I would be and couldn't really comprehend how much we would love each other more each day. Kevin is everything I could ever want.
*Emily's part is unfinished due to her going into labor. : )
(From Kevin) Do you remember what it was like to view a year through the eyes of a 10-year-old? That was like, 5th grade, right? Do you remember what a difference there was between 5th and 6th grade? I remember it clearly, because for one thing, that was when a year still seemed like an eternity; but most importantly, a year could mean the difference between you being a totally different person than you were the previous one. Are you picking up what I'm laying down? For instance, one year meant the difference between being a dorky comic book collector, and selling the comic books to another dork so I could take a girl to the movies (well, it was more like going to the movies with my sister and her friend, and her friend's sister being there too, and all of us meeting up and my sister's-friend's-sister and I sitting together. Still, pretty cool!) One year meant the difference between being in Primary, and having the Priesthood!
What is the point of this? During those days, older people always talked about a year like it was a week. As of today, Emily and I have been married for five years, and it seems like it has been a few months. After a lovely evening of Italian food and fabulous conversation, we were watching the videos of our wedding, and though I still felt the sweet nostalgia that comes with seeing two wonderfully naive people united in marital bliss, I was also amazed at how far we have come together. Though it feels as if we have only been together for a short time, and in the scheme of things it really has been a short time, I don't like thinking of what life was like before her. Everything always seemed like it was very temporary and incomplete. Emily is the greatest person I have ever known and not only will she willfully be seen in public with me, but she loves me just as much as I love her. We continue to have so much fun together, and though at the time we married I knew it was the best day of my life, something tells me that sharing the joy of welcoming our child into the world may well surpass that. I am overjoyed that I get to see her every day, I get excited to come home to her, and I will enjoy spending the rest of Eternity stock piling evidence that proves I am worthy to be her husband.
Look at it this way: we have lived in 3 states, built up 3 drum companies, traveled across 3 countries, shared 2 apartments and 2 homes, wrecked 2 cars, conceived 4 babies, burned up 4 Disney Annual Passes, survived one Star Wars convention, worked 12 NAMM shows, rocked with countless bands, stayed awake through 12 operas, rubbed shoulders with celebrities, earned one College Degree, done work in 6 different Temples, magnified 9 callings, and done more together than most married couples do in a lifetime......and yet our song plays on and keeps getting better. That, my friends, is marital bliss at its finest, though we could still do with a little more sleep. You got better? We beg to differ!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary you two! I feel the same way about being married to Zach and having Mia in our lives. So excited for you to meet your little bundle today! Post pictures ASAP!
Congratulations for all that you have, and for all that is to be! Lots of love to you both!
Post a Comment