Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 1

Josie is 6 days old and changing everyday! We are doing really well and are incredibly happy. She had a check-up today to check her weight and everything looks great. She lost 8 ounces and weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces on Thursday. They don't like to see them lose that much so they checked again today and she had gain a couple ounces so everything is good. She is such a great baby so far!! She sleeps REALLY well and Kev and I feel a little guilty about all the sleep we are getting. She hardly ever cries and seems to be one tough cookie. She was pricked and prodded at the doctor and she hardly gave a whimper. We are amazed with this little human and are loving the new things we discover about her each day. I am recovering well and enjoying spending time as a family. Kevin has been home this whole week and we have never been able to sit around in our sweats all week before. It's great! Even though the labor was hard, I have already forgotten it and am excited to do this again someday. It's amazing that something that was the hardest thing you have ever done, seems like nothing now that it's over and we have a precious souvenir from it. I guess I just went through what everyone else goes through to bring a new person into the world. Anyway, here are a few pics from the week.

She always looks so serious!



Kevin trying to read her a book. She was having a hard time paying attention. I understand, I'm that way with books sometimes too. 

Same spot, different day.

They both do this together a lot.


She doesn't like her binky falling out, it seems, so she holds it in her mouth while she sucks. It's quite helpful.


9 comments:

karen said...

Such sweet pictures. She is lovely. I'm glad you're getting your strength back and getting plenty of rest.

The Lunts said...

ahh she is so sweet, we want to come meet her soon!

Katie said...

She is so dang cute Emily! And how lucky you are to have such a dream of a baby! Mia was a terrible sleeper and cried a lot! LOL...The first night she slept awesome, but the second night she cried for about 5 hours straight. I was at my witts end! I'm so happy you are recovering so well and are enjoying motherhood.

The Breakwell Family said...

I'm so glad that you have been able to get some rest! SO glad that Josie is doing so well and that you two are enjoying parenthood. A little baby has a way of bringing so much love and joy. She is a cutie!

p.s. Thank you for your prayers on Liam's behalf. Keep saying them. :)

. said...

haha! Grant has the same scowel. I love it, I think it is cute!

Christina said...

She is SO precious! I can't wait to meet her!

Sara said...

I'm squinty, too, when I'm not wearing my contacts. Makes me look a little mad when I do it! If I remember correctly, she's trying to focus. Everything is blurry for about 2 months while the eyes continue to develop......what a sweet little thing! Enjoy her -- I love that Kevin's reading a book with her. :-)

Eric the Half-bee said...

Congrats!

Wilson said...

OMg Emily she is adorable!!!!!
We are Exited to see you this Christmas!
Emily
PS my mom is dying to hold her