Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome to Earth, Josephine Lillian Packard!


Our little Josie has finally arrived! What an ordeal it was! This will be brief, but just wanted to give a little update. We are still at the hospital and will be going home tomorrow night (on my birthday!) Whole story will follow later when we are more rested. My water broke at home at about 3 am Sunday morning. After about 20 hours of labor we finally got to meet her at 11:04 pm. It was very rough and several hard decisions were made, but she came out healthy and absolutely perfect. She has dark blonde hair, long fingers and the cutest button nose. She was 6 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches long. We are enjoying the new parental bliss and trying to rest up for the journey ahead. I haven't slept since Friday night since we drove through the night on Saturday to get home from Chicago. We were only in bed about 15 mins. or so when my water broke. Anyway, until I have time for the whole story, here are a few pics from the hospital.












27 comments:

. said...

What a beautiful baby! I TOLD you that she had Em's nose! I could tell from the ultrasound. I am sooo sooo happy for you two! I have been checking your website constantly to FINALLY see the pics! Really, being a parent is the best and I am so happy for you two!

. said...

OK, I have to post again because I just looked at her again. She has em's nose but the rest is all Kevin. She is the perfect mix. I am soo sad that I can't see her in real life. Maybe next year when you guys come to Austin for one of your music festivals???? Ahh! again . . . CONGRATULATIONS!

Michelle said...

KEMILY!! She is gorgeous and her name is beautiful!! You guys are troopers! Can't wait to see her in person :D I'm sure you've heard but we'll be having a wedding the 30th of December so that's exciting too!! Hugs and kisses and best wishes!!

Sara said...

Congratulations to all of you! We've been watching your blog and waiting with bated breath to see your new little family member. "Josie" just fits her and she IS a little KEMILY. Kev's features, Em's nose and Em's gorgeous skin. Enjoy every minute of her -- what an amazing blessing! Thanks for sharing your personal pictures. We wish you a wonderful adventure together! -- The Davises in AZ

Becky said...

AWESOME!!! We love to see her and wish we were there. She's beautiful just like her parents. Looking forward to seeing her in person very soon. Get some rest if you can.

A | E said...

Congratulations!!!

Christina said...

She is SO beautiful!!! Congratulations you two!!! I think she looks just like Kevin (but has mommy's cute nose!) I love her name! Best wishes and lots and lots of love!

The Breakwell Family said...

Congratulations!!! What a sweet little baby. I am sure that it was a long ordeal, but I am sure that it is just incredible now that she is here! I hope that you will be able to get a little rest in the hospital because you will definitely need it before you head home with her (I know that it is so hard going nightS without sleep in the process of baby's arrival). I love her name, did you name her after anyone special or was it just something that you liked? You two will be great parents. We are so happy for you! Em, I would love to actually speak to you and congratulate you on the phone, but if things are just too crazy then I TOTALLY understand and we can chat when things have settled down and you've recovered a little! Besides I want you to get some rest more than talking to you! Take Care! Love you both!

karen said...

Congratulations to all of you! Josie is beautiful and, yes - she has Em's nose. I love her name and can't wait to see her - what I'm really curious about is whether or not she'll have Emily's curls. Kevin, you must be so proud and happy and relieved all at once! Rest up - you'll need your strength for the next 20 years or so. Love you guys -

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Emily-She looks JUST like you!!! Wow, usually you can't tell who the baby looks like at first, but she is definitely a little mama. 20 hours of labor? WOW! You're a champ. Can't wait to see more pictures. Great job you guys!

Danae Curtis said...

Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful!

Katie said...

Congratulations! Josie Thunder...it sounds great :) I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear the whole story and see more pictures...keep them coming! She's beautiful.

Katie said...

me again! She looks way chubbier than 6 lb 12 oz. ; look at those little chubby cheeks! congrats!

Shelley said...

She's adorable! And how the heck do you still look so beautiful even during labor? Congrats, emily and kevin!

Meg said...

She is beautiful! I have been checking the blog every couple hours just to see if you had been able to post anything. We are so excited for you all. Josie is a perfect name!

The Breakwell Family said...

Hey again...just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Emily (for tomorrow)! I am sure that it will feel very special now that you have your little family! Love you lots.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Emily!!!! She is so beautiful, I love the pics! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and Kevin when you're in labor/having a contraction. It really is one of the sweetest "in the moment" pictures I have seen. Congrats and I am so happy for you guys!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Congrats guys!! She is a beauty! I can't believe she came so early! WOW! I hope you recover well Emily and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! I would really like to bring you guys dinner within this next little while. Just let me know when you are ready for visitors. We are here to help you out with ANYTHING!! I am so excited for you!

April said...

Congrats you guys! She's absolutely beautiful. Loved the pictures. Hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible! :)

Katie said...

Hi Emily! You must get confused which Katie is leaving comments since Katie Rainer and I both do. I left the first one, she left the next two, and now there's me again, LOL. I keep coming back to you site to look at Miss Josie. Especially in that first picture she looks exactly like you. Your nose, your mouth, your cheek bones, EVERYTHING! What a little beauty you have there. Kevin, you must be in heaven having two beautiful ladies in your life now.

Ashli Miller said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. Josie is perfect.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Congrats-- she is beautiful!

. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WOW, and anniversay, birthday and baby all within a few days.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! You guys will be such great parents. We miss you and hope that we will get to see your baby in the near future. Congrats again!

Super B said...

Congratulations! She is precious! I love all the pictures! Emily, you look amazing and Josie is absolutely adorable!

The Lunts said...

Ahh she looks just like you Em! How cute!! Love the name as well

Megan said...

Congrats to you both! Your baby is beautiful! We were down in California when we heard (from Emily's Mom) that Emily was in labor. Emily, your Mom had the biggest smile! We are so happy for you and your brand new arrival, what a blessing.